Deadline: May 6, 2022
**Please Read Information Below Carefully**
The PCA Unity Fund Committee is accepting applications to help defray the costs of registration for ethnic minority Teaching Elders and Ruling Elders that otherwise would not be able to serve as a commissioner to General Assembly.
The intent of The PCA Unity Fund Committee General Assembly Scholarship is to assist as many PCA ethnic minority Teaching and Ruling Elders as possible to be represented at the PCA’s General Assembly. The PCA Unity Fund Committee General Assembly Scholarship aims to specifically close the gap for Ruling and Teaching Elders coming from churches with smaller budgets.
Applicant Eligibility Criteria:
1. Be a Teaching Elder or Ruling Elder on the session of a church with a budget of $225,000 or less.
2. One Teaching Elder and one Ruling Elder Scholarship candidate per church may apply.
3. Complete a General Assembly Teaching Elder and Ruling Elder application, signed by the Teaching Elder or Ruling Elder Scholarship candidate, Presbytery Stated Clerk and the Stated Clerk of your Church Session.
1. Churches with a budget less than $99,999.00 are eligible to apply for a scholarship in the amount of $1,300.00 for (1) Teaching Elder and (1) Ruling Elder. The scholarship will cover the Commissioner registration fee of $300.00 and $1000.00 for travel, lodging and food expenses.
2. Churches with a budget of $100,000.00 – $225,000.00 are eligible to apply for scholarship $1,450.00 for (1) Teaching Elder and (1) Ruling Elder. The scholarship will cover the Commissioner registration fee of $450.00 and $1000.00 for travel, lodging and food expenses.
3. Funds for Teaching Elder and Ruling Elder candidates approved for a scholarship will be disbursed to the church via ACH. The candidate’s church is responsible for registering the Teaching Elder and/or Ruling Elder as a Commissioner.
4. The approved Teaching Elder and Ruling Elder candidate’s church must submit the MNA GA and RE Scholarship Form and a voided check before any funds will be processed. The forms and instructions will be included with the candidate’s approval notification.
The application will be forwarded to the candidate’s church Clerk of the Session and Presbytery Stated Clerk. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure all required signees are aware of their signatures are necessary for a complete application. All completed applications are by Friday, May 6, 2022.
Candidates will receive notification of the Committee’s decision by Friday, May 13, 2022. Approved candidates are responsible for submitting the paperwork requested in the approval notification for processing by the close of business on Friday, May 20, 2022. APPLY HERE!
If you have questions regarding eligibility or completing the scholarship application form, contact Charlotte McKnight at email@example.com.
Sincerely in Christ,
Alex Shipman, Chairman
The PCA Unity Fund Committee