Position Announcement / Job Description
MNA DR Dallas Depot Relief Center Manager
Serving under the direction of the MNA Disaster Response Director, the MNADR Dallas Depot Manager provides leadership, planning, and management of the MNADR Dallas Depot Relief Center and is responsible for its safety, operation and maintenance.
MNA Dallas Depot Relief Center Purpose:
The MNADR Dallas Depot Relief Center is the home of the Mission to North America (MNA) DR Dallas Depot Warehouse and Disaster Readiness Training Center. More than 27,000,000 people live in TX; nearly 4,000,000 live in OK; 4,500,000 in LA; 3,000,000 in AR; and 3,000,000 in MS; this is more than 40,000,000 people total. This depot is assigned to serve disaster impacted communities within a 300 mile radius of the facility and serves as a hub of the MNA Disaster Response Warehouse and Training Facility in Rome GA.
As information, the MNADR Regional Specialist-South Central Region has 131 PCA congregations in his assigned area of TX and OK alone. The MNADR Dallas Depot Relief Center helps to advance the MNADR General Assembly assignment of coordinating disaster response within this region by facilitating more efficient response times and providing resources ready for immediate distribution to the areas of disaster impact and need.
The purpose of this facility is two-fold: first, to support the disaster relief efforts of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) in the South-Central Region by warehousing and marshaling critically needed resources, supplied by God’s people, to communities in this region which have been affected by natural and man-induced disasters and are in desperate need. Second, to provide a permanent, central location, where pre-event training is conducted to prepare the PCA and missional partners in this region for the certain coming disaster events. Additionally, the facility is used to pre-build Sheds of Hope.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure a safe and healthy working environment in the warehouse.
- Recruit volunteers to assist in the work of the MNADR Dallas Depot ministry.
- Raise funds in support of the MNADR Dallas Depot.
- Operate the depot in a regular, ongoing manner.
- Provide material and supplies to support Regional Specialists.
- Receive, check, package, palletize and prepare supplies for deployment to disaster impacted communities.
- Establish policies and procedures for the warehouse.
- Maintain clear and accurate records of inventory controls for items received and distributed through the warehouse.
- Organize the depot and keep free of clutter.
- Schedule training sessions and organize quarterly training events.
- Represent the ministry to visitors, the community and churches.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of key principles of MNADR.
- Knowledge of and the ability to work under PCA polity.
- History of coordinating volunteers/missionaries.
Minimum Required Education, Training, and/or Experience:
- Disaster response experience with MNADR.
- Trained and certified to operate powered industrial trucks and equipment.
- Direct the work of volunteer ministry team leaders.
The successful candidate will be joining MNA DR in a missionary status and is charged with raising
his own support in a similar way as other MNA staff.
The person who fills this position will report directly to Mr. Arklie Hooten, Director of MNA