Position Announcement / Job Description
MNA Disaster Response Specialist, Sheds of Hope
Serving under the direction of the MNA Disaster Response (DR) Director, the MNADR Specialist – Sheds of Hope, provides leadership to coordinate the vital Sheds of Hope (SOH) ministry. This coordination includes further development of construction methods and facilating a grass roots movement of relief providers to engage in this unique ministry.
The SOH Specialist develops readiness and rapid deployment methods. He will also develop appropriate methods of follow-up between the local church and the recipient families. Responsibilities include training of church mission teams and building a network of relief providers focused on SOH construction. The SOH Specialist will work in partnership with fellow MNADR Specialists, Assessment Teams, First Responders, Site Managers and local church leadership to integrate SOH into new responses.
MNA Sheds of Hope Purpose:
Sheds of Hope (SOH) are 8’ x 8’ high quality storage sheds constructed on the property of catastrophically-affected disaster victims. Our purpose in providing these sheds is two-fold: first, they provide storm victims a means to store and secure salvaged personal belongings as well as supplies and materials needed for repair and recovery. Storage capacity is at a premium after all disasters. Second, supplying a shed provides God’s people immediate access to hurting people and demonstrates the Gospel in a powerful way.
The Lord has blessed the efforts of the SOH ministry; volunteer teams have constructed and placed more than 1,700 sheds in the last few years at a cost of more than $2,000,000. The most important outcome of this ministry is the relationship we build with the recipient families as we spend time with them during the build. Many times this is the first time the family has been around the household of faith. We have been blessed with countless opportunities to demonstrate Christ’s love to those who are open to hearing about the redemptive power of Christ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular monthly travel is expected and in the event of new disaster responses extended deployments are required.
- Assure a safe and healthy working environment in all instances.
- Recruit volunteers to assist with MNADR SOH.
- Raise funds in support of the MNADR SOH.
- Provide support to MNADR Specialists to facilitate a robust SOH ministry engagement with their regions.
- Establish policy and procedures for all SOH functions.
- Maintain clear and accurate records of raw materials, equipment and tools, and completed SOH.
- Work with MNADR staff including Warehouse and Depot Managers, and anchor churches which pre-build SOH to assure inventory is stored correctly and is readily deployable.
- Schedule and host training events.
- Represent the ministry to visitors, the community, and churches.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of key principles of MNADR.
- Strong ability to teach others construction methods.
- Knowledge of and the ability to work under PCA polity.
- History of coordinating volunteers/missionaries.
- High level of construction abilities.
- Experience in transporting equipment trailers.
- Excellent driving record and ability to obtain a commercial license.
Minimum Required Education, Training, and/or Experience:
- Disaster response experience with MNADR.
- Trained and certified to operate powered industrial trucks and equipment.
- Direct the work of volunteer ministry teams and leaders.
The successful candidate will be joining MNADR in a missionary status and is charged with raising
his own support in a similar way as other MNA staff.
The person who fills this position will report directly to Mr. Arklie Hooten, Director of MNA
For more information, please contact Sherry Lanier, email@example.com.
To apply for this position, please email current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.