APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 31, 2022
What is The PCA Unity Fund Seminary Tuition Scholarship Application for Men Seeking Ordination in the PCA Award?
The PCA Unity Fund was established by the 44th General Assembly to help raise up future generations of godly, reformed, African American and other minority Ruling Elders and Teaching Elders.
The PCA Unity Fund Committee actively welcomes and encourages men of diverse minority backgrounds seeking ordination in the PCA request their Oversight Body to apply for The PCA Unity Fund Seminary Tuition Scholarship Application for Men Seeking Ordination in the PCA.
Scholarships supported by designated gifts to The PCA Unity Fund are offered to men of diverse minority backgrounds seeking ordination in the PCA as Ruling Elders or Teaching Elders.
MNA provides additional General Fund support to provide for scholarships to any minority individual who may not be candidates for ordination.
The scholarships are available to any minority individual recommended by the church session and seeking to serve on the staff of a church in a support role where advanced education will be beneficial to the church, its community, and the Kingdom; although this list is not exhaustive here are some examples individuals seeking to serve the PCA may consider: Children’s Ministry Director, Worship Leader, Women’s Ministry Director, Community Outreach Director and positions at PCA Agencies and Committees.
Can an Oversight Body nominate a candidate seeking ordination in the PCA each year they are in seminary?
Who completes the application?
The PCA Unity Fund Seminary Tuition Scholarship for Men Seeking Ordination in the PCA application must be completed by the Oversight Body’s Representative. The Oversight Body may be a sponsoring PCA mission, church, or presbytery. The nominee seeking ordination in the PCA may not complete and submit the application for review.
What are the responsibilities of the Oversight Body?
The Oversight Body sponsoring the nominee candidate seeking ordination in the PCA will designate a representative to complete the application and communicate with The PCA Unity Fund Committee.
The Oversight Body agrees to regularly review the nominee candidate seeking ordination in the PCA in the following areas:
- Growth in grace.
- Sense of call to ministry in the PCA.
- Contact The PCA Unity Fund Chairman and communicate, if the nominee candidate is not progressing in the above areas and work out repayment of the scholarship award.
How are funds disbursed, if a nominee candidate is approved for a scholarship award?
- The Oversight Body Representative will receive the scholarship award letter along with a packet to be completed and returned before the funds are disbursed to the Oversight Body.
- Funds are disbursed only to the sponsoring body, who is responsible for disbursing the funds to the scholarship awardee.
What happens if a seminary scholarship award approved nominee changes Oversight Bodies?
- If monies have not yet been disbursed for an approved nominee and he changes oversight bodies, his/her new oversight body must restart the application process.
- If the application deadline has passed before the change was made, the matter will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
The PCA Unity Fund Committee Chairman