Our quarterly newsletter is available in print or email editions. You can view the latest edition as well as the archive, and you have the option to subscribe.
Our monthly e-newsletter contains ministry news, announcements and event information. You can view the latest edition and subscribe at the link.
Our quarterly prayer newsletter Intercessor contains prayer requests from PCA church planters as well as MNA ministry leaders. It is available in print or email editions.
Some helpful reading material
This MNA manual was created to help our new church planters get up and running. You find information about fundraising, budgeting, organizing as a particular church, and more.
This links to a manual by our sister Reformed denomination The Orthodox Presbyterian Church rather than the PCA, but it contains helpful content for church planting.
MNA Policy and Position Papers
- MNA Assessment Child Protection Policy
- Guidelines for Forming New Presbyteries (41st General Assembly – 2013)
- Church Organization Criteria Guidelines
- Mission to North America Response to Overture 19 (30th General Assembly – 2002) (PDF)
- Ministry to North American Cultural Assimilation Paper (PDF)
- Worship Guide for MNA Sponsored Church Planters
- MNA Church Planter Assessment Policy on Evangelism
- Pastoral Letter on Racism (PDF)
- Demographic Outreach in Canada (website)
- Mapping the 2010 US Census (NY Times website)
- Mission Insight
- www.wikipedia.org – type in the zipcode
- www.TheARDA.com (American Religion Data Archive)
- www.ethnicharvest.org – click on “Who Lives in Your State” – some helpful info!
- www.areavibes.com – Cost of Living Index/Livability Scores
- Doing Demographics for Your Target Community (and doing a Site Profile)
- Twenty Ways to Plant Churches
- Evaluating the Viability of a Church Plant
- What Kind of Churches Are We Looking to Plant?
- Guidelines for Forming New Presbyteries
- Developing a Site Profile
- Steps in Effective Recruiting
- Worship Guidelines for MNA Sponsored Church Planters
- Planting Daughter or Second Site Churches
- Bibliography of Print Resources on Church Planting
Church Planting – Administrative Resources
- 2018 Call Package Guidelines. Through this document, PCA Retirement & Benefits, Inc. seeks to serve our churches by providing best practice guidance regarding the content and structure of a minister’s compensation package. It is also intended to provide instruction about other important human resource issues affecting PCA ministers.
- MNA Assessment Child Protection Policy
Sample policy from Redemption Fellowship, Fayetteville GA
- MinistrySafe – program designed to reduce the risk of child sexual abuse in your organization.
- Christian Discipleship Committee (CDM) has compiled a list of helpful resources. Click here to access their page.
Portable Church. A resource for your new church plant launch or your change in worship locations: Portable Church simplifies and streamlines the proper amplification for buildings of all kinds, tailoring your equipment and storage solutions to your situation.
- Financial Procedures (PDF)
—Potential Funding Sources Worksheet (Excel)
—Overall Project Budget Template (Excel)
—Outside Support Templates (Excel)
- ABC’s of Legal Organization, by John Kinyon (PDF)
- Funding for Church Planting (PowerPoint by Bruce Finn)
- Church Planter Recruiting Guide
- Giving – John Bash
- Perspective: Stewardship vs. Fundraising – John Bash
- Six Steps of a Stewardship Campaign – John Bash
- Taking Donors Seriously (free webinar)
- Taking Donors Seriously webinars (paid service)
Core groups, defined simply as a group of people who want a new church started in their community, are often an excellent catalyst for the launching of new churches. This is a resource for the Presbytery MNA Chairmen, Network Directors, Church Planters, and other key leaders in the PCA in working with core groups across North America so that many more biblically healthy churches are planted to the glory of God.
Why is multi-site church planting so popular? And what exactly does “multi-site” ministry mean and look like in practical terms? These notes from the 2007 conference on multi-site church planting shares different models of multi-site ministries in use around the PCA and elsewhere, their benefits, and how to determine if this might be a model you can use in your environment in order to extend the Kingdom through church planting.